It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:40 pm

Allow botting or add unskippable random event?

Our official polls to help decide on new features and changes to the game

Should we allow botting or do we need an unskippable random event?

Allow botting
25%
Readd an unskippable random event
75%

Total votes: 8

Lawless
Site Admin

Allow botting or add unskippable random event?

Post by Lawless » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:58 am

Since pretty much the start of the server, we had a random event (the cat lady) where the only way to leave the event is to click on the strangely coloured cat. A very simple and straightforward random which prevented a lot of botting, yet many people found it to be a nuisance. There's also been a couple of reports where the cat wouldn't spawn so you'd have to relog before it would appear.

As a result, we changed the random event recently so that you can always teleport out (but then you don't get a reward). However, that has led to an increase in players botting on their account while AFK since a bot can just click the "teleport" button to keep going.

So I'd like to ask the community, what do you prefer: to allow botting on the server or to have an unskippable random event where you cannot teleport out and you have to find and click the cat to get out?

arsenine

Re: Allow botting or add unskippable random event?

Post by arsenine » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:02 am

Add the random. Some players worked hard for their leaderboard positions and shouldn't have that taken by someone who can't be bothered to click.

SharkMaster

Re: Allow botting or add unskippable random event?

Post by SharkMaster » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:43 pm

My thoughts: Add the hard to escape random, as it lies more with Anarchy’s policy on RWT and Botting:
Limited RWT AT YOUR OWN RISK OF SCAM AND OSRS BAN
And Limited use of macros for gains not in excess.

“Excessive ” is a bit of a loose term, and may be more useful to say “stoppable by random event” to stop the excess.

Honestly while Botting skills may be unsavory, I think the limited rules here gives this server a weird cool niche.
I don’t see much difference between cheating by Botting and cheating by RWT

Just thoughts for discussion