It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:56 pm

buff the drops rates

Anything that does not fall under another category.
f ndn

buff the drops rates

Post by f ndn » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:22 am

please buff the droprates you nerfted them too much. the droprates are extreme atm and this isnt osrs its a rsps. im not saying make it easy just buff them. before it was ok all you needed to do if anything is nerf it a bit but the drops rates are extreme atm. thanks but if the drop rates are the same as they were before please explain why on the drop table the chances are different.

Lawless
Site Admin

Re: buff the drops rates

Post by Lawless » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Nothing has changed about the drop rates at all. Since the server went live on 1 January 2019, the only thing I ever changed about the drop rates is that Zulrah now drops a little more pure essence.

However, the way the drop tables showed the odds of obtaining an item used to be wrong. This was corrected in the previous update.

The way our drop rates work is as follows: every NPC has a couple of drop tables. A "constant" table (items that it always drops), a "common" table, an "uncommon" table, a "rare" table and a "very rare" table.
Each of these tables has a certain chance to occur when you kill an NPC. For example, the "rare" drop table for the abyssal demon has a 1/195 chance to occur. However, this table contains 2 items: abyssal head and abyssal whip. So, you have a 1/195 chance to get either an abyssal head or an abyssal whip, but never both at the same time. Therefore, the *actual* drop chance of an abyssal whip is 1/(195 * 2) or 1/390.

I do believe that some items could use a small buff in their drop rate.
I also believe that it would be better for each item to have its own drop chance, instead of being part of a "table". I can imagine it would be very frustrating for a player to receive an abyssal head from an abyssal demon, because that means you were lucky enough to hit the rare drop table but got the rotten luck of receiving the abyssal head instead of the whip.
I want to address this in an update in the near future, so that every item has its own chance and it would - theoretically - be possible to receive every single item that a monster can drop in 1 kill. Which is currently not the case.

I understand there may be a lot of confusion about the drop tables, but I'm sure that doing away with the idea of "tables" and each item having its own independent drop chance would be a good improvement for the server.

f ndn

Re: buff the drops rates

Post by f ndn » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:22 am

ok :)