It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:55 am

Error Connecting to Server

Anything that does not fall under another category.
Aqua

Error Connecting to Server

Post by Aqua » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:04 am

Just joined, or trying to and every time I try to log-on it continues to pop up with the error message saying that it cannot connect to the server and to check the forums for info. Is the server down or being updated? Sort of confused on why I can't connect.

Pikachu
Site Admin

Re: Error Connecting to Server

Post by Pikachu » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi, the server hasn't been down today. Have you checked out our troubleshooting topic? If so, can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Aqua

Post by Aqua » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:21 am

Lol, just wanted to try out the server. Didn't realize it would be so difficult. Yes, I've tried multiple account names, passwords, etc. Same message every time as if the server is down lmao. Oh well.

Lawless
Site Admin

Post by Lawless » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Very strange, this implies there's a problem with your connectivity to our server. Perhaps a firewall or Java that has not gotten any permissions to do anything through your network. If you're trying to play at school or work, it's also possible that the game port has been blocked.

Have you tried playing any other RSPS recently and did that work for you?

[Edit] I have opened up a secondary port on our game server and updated our client to connect to this secondary port if connecting to the primary port fails. Can you try to download our latest client and see if you can connect to the game?